One of the Golden Metre Gauge Eras comes to an end, with the closure of the Glorious Metre Gauge Line between Sikar and Churu for the purpose of Gauge Conversion. The 91 Km line with about 7 stations on route, was closed on Nov 15th 2015, putting an end to the Plying of Metre Gauge Trains on this route forever. Twelve Trains running between Sikar and Churu remain cancelled till the completion of the Broad Gauge Line. The Line between Sikar and Fatehpur Shekawati was opened in the year 1943 and was extended upto Churu in 1957.
In Fond Memories of this Glorious line, Diesel Loco Shed presents a Video compilation of the Metre Gauge Trains plying on this line.
The Details of the Locomotives and Trains presented in this video are given below :-
1. Loco - 6656 / SIKR / YDM 4, Train - 52085 / Jaipur Churu Passenger
2. Loco - 6651 / SIKR / YDM 4, Train - 52088 / Churu SIkar Passenger
3. Loco - 6651 / SIKR / YDM 4, Train - 02096 / Churu Sikar Passenger
4. Loco - 6738 / SIKR / YDM 4, Train - 02085 / Sikar Churu Passenger
5. Loco - 6637 / FL / YDM 4
6. Loco - 6650 / SIKR / YDM 4, Train - 02096 / Churu Sikar Passenger
7. Loco - 6623 / SIKR / YDM 4, Train - 52088 / Churu Sikar Passenger
|Sikar Based YDM 4 (Previously Homed at FL) powering Churu Sikar Passenger|
Watch & Enjoy the Video of trains plying on this line, powered by SIKR / FL YDM 4 Locomotives !!